Yoga and Ayurveda are ancient sciences of wellness. Yoga focuses on physical exercise, breath and meditation, while Ayurveda focuses on nutrition and daily routines to maintain health and vitality. Practiced together, they help balance our energy, improve strength and flexibility and maintain a focused and calm mind. Practicing Ayurveda and Yoga regularly increases our body awareness and deepens our connection to the seasons and our place on Earth.
With each passing season, we experience changes marked by the winter and summer solstices and the vernal and autumnal equinoxes. Here in Puget Sound, the bright days of October with their bold display of gold and red leaves give way to darker, shorter days. The rains become more frequent and longer. Although autumn is a beautiful time of year, many people catch colds and flues, or simply feel depleted. We can maintain wellness throughout autumn by making simple changes to our daily routines, diet and Yoga practice.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn the basics about Ayurveda including an introduction to the doshas, six tastes and five elements
- Adjust your eating habits while enjoying the abundance of the harvest and boosting your immune system.
- Discover simple daily routines and guidelines for staying healthy.
- Alter your Yoga practice to maintain warmth and energy as the days become shorter and cooler.
- Discuss ways you can integrate Ayurveda into your life.
October 6, 1 pm – 4 pm with Heidi Mair
2-hour presentation and discussion
1-hour yoga practice