Welcome to Week 3 of my series on meditations to help create–whatever you want! Know that whatever you want to invite into your life, you can have it! This meditation will help.
- Begin with one of the breath focused meditations we learned in Weeks 1 and 2. Sit comfortably, with your spine erect and the crown of your head floating up to the ceiling
- Notice your breath—without intentionally trying to change it. Bring your attention to the warmth and coolness of the breath at the tip of your nostrils or to the feeling of softness in the belly with the breath.
- When you feel ready, bring to mind a quality you’d like to have more of your life. It could be greater balance, joy, health, forgiveness, or any other positive quality. “Name” that quality with a word or short phrase.
- Then begin a mantra meditation with subsequent breaths. Each time you exhale, mentally recite your work or phrase, and feel the energy of that quality pour through your awareness. When your attention wanders, just notice it, and invite your attention back to the sensations of the breath. Then return to reciting your word or phrase on every exhale
- Continue this meditation for 10 minutes or longer if you’d like.
All four books in the Downward Dog Mystery Series are available at booksellers everywhere!